Friday, January 27, 2006

Real Life Dawson

Classes started yesterday at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. I only had one yesterday (none today - yea for class free Friday!), Systematic... I mean... Christian Theology 2! I love this class! We have one of the most brilliant profs ever - Dr. David Nelson. Anyway, after our break Dr. Nelson was calling roll and lo and behold... there is a Dawson in our class. A real life Dawson! All I could think was, "Hey! There really is a guy named Dawson. And his mom didn't name him after the guy's creek" If I've lost you at this point maybe I can refresh you: Dawson's Creek, you know, the TV show.
That's my tribute to adults - whose parents named them before their names were famous - who have to suffer through with names like Tristan, Ephram, Phoebe, Dylan, and yes, Dawson. Way to go parents! As for me, Shannon Elizabeth hasn't exactly caused me any personal suffering but maybe that's because she's really not that popular and, well, I just go by "Shannon." And who knows, maybe the real life Dawson does have a real life creek!