Friday, July 28, 2006

Nashville 06

Aren't they beautiful? Five of the seven got together last weekend in Nashville. The Shannon's couldn't make it. One just gave birth to baby James and the other... that's me... well, let's just say summer is tiring!
I just realized that I haven't posted this group of friends on my blog yet!!! I have a great picture of all seven of us but it was lost when I had to get my computer reprogramed.
Here's the short version of our story...
We met our freshman year of college but didn't get close as a group until after the majority of us graduated. We got together as a group after two of us returned from a year's stay in East Asia. All seven of us have lived together in some form (and some of us more than once). We try to get together at least twice a year. The past several years we have gotten together for weddings. As of right now we have 2 moms, 2 moms-to-be (1 is expecting her second), 2 brides-to-be, and 2 maids in waiting. We live all over the world... mostly in the Southeast but we have a NM and an East Asia. We are at home moms, grad students, on staff with churches (PCA and SBC), add to that a nurse, an administrator, and a teacher. The one thing that I keep returning to when I get together with these friends is what a beautiful a picture of the body of Christ I see. We are all so very different from one another, some of us would not be friends on our own, Christ is the centrality and bond of our friendships. We had disagreed, argued, sought restoration, loved one another the best way we know how, learned from and alongside one another, seek each other out... I am thankful for God's rich grace that I see being lived out in my dear friends!
I love you!

1 comment:

Lainey Bug and John Stanley III said...

God has given my mommy the best friends a woman could ask for! She loves y'all so much and appreciates y'all more than she could ever say! She prays that one day I will have girlfriends that are as committed to my life as y'all are to hers...