Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Rasha

My sweet friend Sarah is on the other side of the world on her first of two mission trips this summer.
Back two years ago I was visiting Southeastern and wanted to find out who my roommate would be for the fall. After a few short minutes, the man on the other side of the desk gave me the name of Sarah F., her hometown and a phone number to reach her. On my way back to my hometown I gave her a ring and got her answering machine. Then I got a phone call from the man on the other side of the desk at Southeastern... there was a mix up... she and I would not be roommates. I rang her again and let her know - via answering machine. No big deal, I didn't know her, and I got another roommate.
Fall came and it was time to move in. I met a very friendly girl, Amber, when I was picking up my keys. There was apt. number swapping and planning to meet up soon. Amber and I ran into each other that afternoon and decided to go to orientation together the next day.
Amber, her roommate, her roommate's friend from college and I went to orientation together. All four of us were in the counseling program and were together for the entire day. We decided to go to lunch together. It was at lunch that I found out that I had just spent the entire day with Sarah F! She is a fabulous girl and we have been friends ever since! We frequently talk about how we could have been roommates - and what a blast that would have been!
I love you friend!

No comments: