Monday, August 14, 2006

Amelia Bedelia

Disclaimer: My roommate Stacy is a brilliant, well read, and very cultured woman. The following story does not provide an overall representation of her character.
One of my favorite childhood book characters was Amelia Bedelia. Well, tonight my roommate Stacy had an Amelia Bedelia moment. I found out last week how to test and see if eggs were still good. Stacy was going to check the egg tonight before she cooked it so I told her what I had learned: "Put the egg in water and if it floats it's bad." A few minutes later she came up to me in the kitchen and asked "What does this mean?" and showed me the bowl with the egg in the water (as pictured).
For those of you who do not know the egg test or happen to also be having an Amelia Bedelia moment... the way you test to see if your egg is bad is to put the whole egg (in the shell) in water. If it floats it's bad, put that joker in the trash can or risk the adverse effects. Here's the long version... http://www.ochef.com/789.htm

No comments: