Friday, May 25, 2007

Master

I graduated with my Master's in Biblical Counseling from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. My mom and dad came up to celebrate with me. My dear brother was en route to China. I called him several times so it was almost as if he was there. Missed you Brothaman!

David Thompson's artsy photo of my fam.

My favorite family picture from the day!

David and Jen Thompson came to celebrate with me too! They are dear friends... and David like a big brother. Oh, and David happens to also be my boss. So glad you were there! I wouldn't have been there without you!!!

Morgan came to see us graduate!

I love these sweet friends!

Sarah and I like to take fun pictures! She is such a fabulous friend! Thanks for spending the day with me and my family!!!

Jason and I took some time to take a post regalia picture. The graduates had to get all dressed up but then took most of our pictures with our gowns on. Jason did wear a nice suit (it's on his arm) but was heading on a road trip, and, well, who wants to to wear a suit on a road trip? He kept the tie on and thought it would make a good picture!

Graduation was such a great time all the way around.
We spent the morning Thursday at rehearsal, then out to lunch with some friends (Jason, Laurie and Nathaniel, thanks for a great lunch!), and back to campus to check scores. Not sure why we checked scores since we knew we were graduating. :)
The big day started early with everyone helping everyone else with their hoods and hats, taking pictures together and patiently waiting to walk into the chapel.
Such a sweet spontaneous time before we walked into chapel: Our professors walked across the campus in their two lines and we applauded them until they had all walked between us. We really do appreciate those men! (Apparently no other graduating classes had done that before - that's what our president said during graduation anyway)
After graduation we took tons of photos in our regalia before having to take it back to the student center from where we rented them.
Then we took some more pictures.

No comments: