I have several Sams in my life. 2 of them live close and I get to see them often...
(Sammers, I miss you buddy!)
(Sammers, I miss you buddy!)
(Yes, I am shrugging my shoulders to get that handsome little fella in the pic)
I get to see this Sam twice a week and love all over him!!!This week we looked at pictures from Fall Retreat together on my laptop while his mom and little bro hung out. He loved looking at the pictures.
The best part of taking these pictures is that he would be one count ahead or one count behind on the actual picture. You see that smile coming? :)
This might be my favorite from the bunch of them...He was just resting his little head on my head. Melt me.
I want to plug "community" at this point. The reason little buddy could rest his head on my head is because his mom, dad, and I are in community together. Yes, we are in a SummitLIFE group. Yes, his mom and I co-lead a 2.42 group. But more than that we live life together. Kim and I make it a point to have dinner together each week (and Matt if he's home yet) before 2.42 group. And then after 2.42 group we talk some more. On Saturday mornings you may find us pushing 1 cart each with 1 boy each at the Super Wal-Mart or Old Navy. She prays for me. I pray for her. We know WHAT to pray for each other.
I don't know a lot of you who read this but I pray that you have community that you are an active part of. Not just people in your same stage of life, but singles and families and couples who will walk alongside of you in life. People who will do their best to glorify God in their own lives and encourage you to do the same. Sometimes that encouragement might come in the form of firm truth but that truth is to help you become more like Christ... and honor the Lord.

No comments:
Post a Comment