
I have over 100 pictures of gym games from Friday night but this one is my favorite. Dodge ball with 140 people... amazing!

One of the sweetest times for me over the weekend was Saturday morning during their quiet-time time. The girls were on their bunks praying through scripture. Then I overheard the girls whispering (so they wouldn't distract the other girls), "I have an appointment with Laura for a hand massage." Background: A few months back, our 2.42 girls came over for dinner, tshirt decorating and hang time. During that time I did "Satin Hands" by Mary Kay. I was a little honored that they thought to do something I had done with them but mostly I was excited that they were serving one another on their own.

The girls picked this big rock to have one of our small group times. None of them fell off but several pens, Bibles, and notebooks did.

A little dock time with my 2.42 girls

Our speaker,
Matt Orth, and
Jason hanging out while they wait their turn for the Cornhole tournament. Matt and one of our leaders won the whole thing! Congratulations fellas!

We loved having our good friend working the climbing wall for us while we were there.

I love taking pictures at the climbing wall - especially this part where there are two walls to capture at once.
The buddy on the left was one of the best examples of perseverance on the wall. Sure, we had several other students who persevered to make it to the top of their chose wall, but this guy did it so well. He started at the bottom, giving and receiving commands like he was supposed to. Then he, slowly but surely, made his was up that wall. He didn't turn around and complain about his footing or hand grips. He simply made his way to the top.

Watching Ratatouille.

Team Taylor won the kickball tourney - I think we are all so proud of them.

Thanks, Shana, for being such a great leader with me this weekend!

Clearly some of our ladies didn't care to be photographed. They make me laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment