Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Other Kids

We started the day with 1 1/2 inches of snow. Will that be enough? See below...

The roommates enjoyed this yummy french toast for breakfast on our snow day!

S and the El out in the snow.

Here it is, this year's snowman! Blueberry eyes and a Mike & Ike nose. I had craisins for his mouth but they wouldn't stay. The snow's a little too dry for a really big snow man. Maybe later.

Our neighbors let us borrow their sleds and asked that we just put them on the back deck for the "other kids" to use later.

Dragging their sleds

On a neighbor's driveway. Not the best hill right now.

Scouting out more hills

That's me, not the StayPuf marshmallow man. :)

She got some serious air on this spot.


S and I are both feeling the consequences of this sledding adventure!

I can't remember the last time I made a snow angel.

In just a few minutes we will be the "other kids" again! We're just finishing up our soup lunch after watching our 44th president being sworn in.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I LOVE the picture of dragging the sleds up the hill. It looks like you had tons more fun than we did at our house :-)