Here they are in order of comment appearance...
Today's Ten Reader's Choice
all pictured up!
__________________
all pictured up!
__________________
(Submitted by my good friend Kim.)
I just love this picture of one of our Nexus leaders painting one of my girls' toes during their break on Saturday afternoon. Such a servant!
I had so many other pictures I wanted to use here. Maybe another time.
(Submitted by my friend and office buddy Courtney.)
So, this is a real place. Never knew that. Now I am smarter!
I didn't have a picture of my favorite Michigan fan family in their Michigan apparel but I did just get to have lunch with their baby. It was the best I could do.
(Submitted anonymously... would enjoy knowing who left this though because this sure was a hard picture to find.)
I got some flowers recently and thought they might be my picture. Nah.
I thought I had posted this picture before on this post but it turns out I hadn't.
I love my parents! Aren't they adorable?!?!
(Submitted anonymously... I thought it was my boss, but it wasn't. Clever though... I would like this on a card in Apples to Apples. I'm hoping this was a guy but it might be a girl who just read this post by my roommate. This ended up being the hardest word to find a pic for.)
I love my brother. One of the things I admire about him is his courage ... his backbone. I won't tell what is his story to tell but I will say that he does so many things that others wouldn't dare do. One of them? He teaches a class of elementary school boys each Sunday morning at his church. He ain't skeered! And another? He asked that girl out (and she said, "Yes"). Still another? He's pursuing theology study on his own.
(Submitted by Beth. Great submit! This one was a challenge for sure!)
I just said good-bye to 2 of my friends who will soon-enough be living on another continent. To those of you who already live on another continent... I AM PRAYING FOR YOU!!!
(Submitted by my Sarah. The hardest part of this word was getting the translation without asking her! It was another Sara friend who found the answer. Thanks!)
This weekend was such an amazing time at The Summit Church. We saw 114 people get baptized! I knew several of them. I love baptism days! Seeing this symbol of Christ's death and resurrection in the lives of those who live it out daily by His power. Mmm. Brings tears of joy to my eyes. I am so thankful for Christ's death and resurrection!
(Submitted by Lori. She told me I couldn't use a picture of Mary Poppins. I assured her that if I had a real-life picture of Mary Poppins, I would totally use it! I don't so I had to be a little more creative.)
She said, "No Mary Poppins" but I couldn't resist. This one has a story behind it too. I was at my small group and we were having a tour of the house when the kids pulled this out of a beautiful piece of furniture. It seems poor Mary was the victim of a sibling chase!
(Submitted by King. Not sure if this is King from the very first Institute class. If so, "Hey there bud! Miss seeing you and your wife!")
I'm not sure if it was his computer or the projector that would be the "exacerbater" in this photo.
(Submitted by Lunn. She was a horticulture major at NCState)
I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to get a picture of a specific tree. Hooray for my love of "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Richard Howard.
(Submitted by my most favorite bro in the whole wide world.)
Contrary to popular belief and much to my dismay, there are in fact people who don't like to have their picture taken. Here is one of them being quite vocal about it - in a protest-like manner.
_______________
This was by far one of the most fun posts I've done to date! I used only pictures that I had taken (or that I was in) and I tried to use pictures that would be new to you. What do you think of the picture choices? What would you have used?
I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did!
I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did!
5 comments:
Yes, this is the King you're thinking of. Nice job! Does Danny know how he was used in this project. I picked "exacerbate" because it seems to be the key word in Social Work, or at least in articles. I think it's in at least 95% of the articles I've read since August!
This was so much fun!!!! I love your pic choices!
Since Mary Poppins is missing her arm from her body, that doesn't count as a "complete" Mary Poppins picture. So great job! :)
I have to confess that I sent in love and then K sent in backbone (not knowing what I was doing). So I guess we got you from way over here. I thought about using a native word and see if you remember what it means. Lets play again!
Ha I was thinking of the two that you have your picture with when I suggested that word! This was fun!
Post a Comment