Sunday, May 14, 2006

Books

I just finished up a paper for my Counseling and the Church class and was reminded and thankful for all the good books I have gotten to read over the past two years for my classes. I thought I'd share some with you too. In no particular order but with a few notes...

Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
(deals with shepherding a child - includes discipline)

Instruments in the Redeemers Hands by Paul Tripp
(subtitle: People in need of change helping people in need of change)

Brothers, We are Not Professionals by John Piper

The Peacemaker by Ken Sande
(dealing with personal conflict)

Why Small Groups? by CJ Mahaney
(this is a Bible study but still a good read if you can't do it in a Bible study setting)

Trusting God by Jerry Bridges

The Knowledge of the Holy by AW Tozer
(fantastic book on the attributes of God and how that should effect our lives)

Religious Affections by Jonathan Edwards
(subtitle: A Christian's character before God)

Mere Christianity by CS Lewis
(my pastor says that every college student should read this - I agree!)

Addictions: A Banquet in the Grave by Ed Welch

Depression by Ed Welch
(for the person in depression and those ministering to them)

Women Helping Women ed. by Elyse Fitzpatrick and Carol Cornish
(good intro for Biblical counseling and why women should counsel women)

No comments: