Thursday, May 18, 2006

Pick'n 'n' Grinn'n


On a much lighter note from Tuesday night... after my run in with Bambi... I made it to my destination - BORDERS cafe. One paper later a circle of chairs was formed at the border (no pun intended) between the cafe and the mag section of the store. Then, one by one they came with their acoustic guitars, harmonicas, mandolins, keyboards, bass guitars and bongos. What I thought was going to be a guitar lesson ended up being a good ole fashion Pick'n 'n' Grinnin' right on up in BORDERS. They all had the same song book complete with Country Road and tons of other songs that I didn't know but really enjoyed listening to. One of the most precious things was the 92 year old man who was singing along in the "audience." I don't know if he was really 92 but I like to say that he is. I hope that you can smile broad as you watch the little clip.

No comments: