Sunday, September 10, 2006

Charlie's wedding

This Saturday I took a trip to Norfolk with my mom and bro. We had a fun little drive (through a long tunnel - but not the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel) and through some ghettos. We arrived a little early so I took a little walk around the neighborhood. Lo and behold I happened upon a party at a local park. I stopped a mom and her 3 year old to ask what was going on. She said it was a church picnic, they were finishing up but that I should go on over. And, well, I did. Did I mention that I was the ONLY white person in the whole park? It was funny. I thought that if I had taken a picture it would have looked like one of the pictures from Botswana (one little white face in a sea of black faces). They were in fact packing up and I couldn't get up the nerve to talk with anyone. The one question I wanted to ask was "Why do you think most churches have either all/mostly black people or all/mostly white people?"
But when you don't ask you don't get an answer.
Here we are at the wedding. My cousin Charlie and his new bride exchanging rings.

Me with the oldest(Danny) and the youngest(Wesley) of the cousins. I love these guys!

Jennifer (cousin Brad's wife) and Emma(cousin Danny's oldest daughter) take a break for the camera. Emma was behind a camera of some form or fashion for as long as her parents would let her. She took some great fun photos with my camera.

Me and my brotha man


Me and madre

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Yes, "marriage is a very scared and serious thing"