Sunday, October 29, 2006

So, Shannon, what did you do this weekend?



Well, Friday I hung out with April just like every Friday. She calls me the lady that disciples her. I love it! I can honestly say that I have never grown so much in my relationship with the Lord than when I am discipling someone one-on-one. Ladies, we are supposed to be teaching younger women. Do it!


After a rousing game of "Four on the Couch" and then a good night's sleep on that same couch, I spent the day with Denney. Sarah came by and picked me up for a little trip to Shorty's. I have gone to seminary in Wake Forest for now going on three years and hadn't eaten at Shorty's yet. They are famous for their red hot dogs. I think there's something wrong with a hot dog that thinks it's going to be more desirable by adding 1 liter of red dye.


Sarah and I were sitting there minding our own business getting our lunches ready. I wasn't thinking very clearly (Denney will do that do you) and forgot to secure the napkins. The wind came around and took my napkins away. Well, I couldn't let them stay on the pretty grass so I wrangled them up. Sarah thought it would be fun to get that on film.

I know I said there was something wrong with red hot dogs but I gave in and ate one. It wasn't horrible. Sarah and I had our picnic in the gazebo on campus. That's the chapel behind me.

Sarah had a red hot dog too!

Then Sarah and I spent a little more time with Denney. (Denney is our library.) From the looks of my computer screen I wasn't really working on my papers, eh? I did finish one and start 2 others though! If you are ever wondering how you can be praying for me let me give you an idea... I still have 10 papers and 3 projects due in the next 6 weeks. You can pray that I will be diligent and wise with my time as I seek to honor God in my school work and ministry.

No comments: