Have you ever been there? I'm not asking if you've ever been stuck in a laundry basket - although some of you probably have been.
Have you ever been stuck in a situation that you can't get yourself out of? I know that I have. Sometimes I know that I have gotten myself in that place because of my own sin. Other times I was just kind of there - whether because of the fallen world or the sin of someone else.
What an amazing thing to know that God is in control! Not only is He in control, He is with His children. And He loves us. And He desires good for us (now this may not look just like we want it to but it does look like God being glorified). And He places us in an area that we can be connected with others to help us out.
Another interesting thing about the photo above is that the laundry basket that he is stuck in is a prop that Jason and Ryan have been using during their "Dirty Laundry" series. He is stuck in sin. Well, that's what the laundry represents.
Tonight the students spent some time talking about the "Me Monster." Identifying ways that they are selfish, self-serving, etc. It's a great challenge to think about: In what ways am I selfish? How can I honor God in my motives (being more Christ-like, selfless)?
I'm amazed at God's goodness and faithfulness to me that even while I was a sinner Christ died for me! Thank you Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment