Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Today's Ten - Lessons Learned

Today's Ten - in no particular order and complete with photos... Lessons I've Learned.

1. Things aren't always what they seem.
I wasn't holding on for dear life. Just a little camera trick. I wonder how many other camera tricks we believe every day?

2. Somethings are more fun to do yourself.
Carmel apples, leaf-free driveways, a good dinner, whatever. Sometimes it's better to do it yourself... even better, with a friend!

3. You can always learn from someone younger than you.
To make it across this bridge I was taken by the hand by dear April who reassured me that I could do it. I learn so much from her and the much younger girls in middle and high school. Thanks April! Thanks studentLIFE girls!

4. Our vision of the nations worshiping together under one roof (and one day right before the throne of God) is possible.
This post wasn't too long ago but it'll do us all good to remember... I had the marvelous honor of singing God's praise with several different nationalities as we caroled for shut-ins.

5. Some people will do anything for a good laugh.
I'll just let you think up funny stories to tell here.

6. God's Word is the word of life!
This phrase used to be trite repetition but it has become so much more. I could go on and on about this but I'll send you to His Word for that. 2 Timothy 3:16,17 is only just a glimpse more.

7. Tables are meant to be shared.
I have enjoyed sharing tables and meals with some good friends recently. Thank you for allowing me to serve you and for sharing your lives with me! I appreciate you!

8. Convention isn't everything.

9. Shiny toys, large or small, aren't always as much fun for the long run.
You know, you got a new car, a new computer, a new camera, a new (you fill in the blank) only for it to fade in the following months, weeks or even days. This stuff doesn't last. I'll send you back to #1 & #6.














10. "Family" takes many shapes.

Living away from my birth family has been hard at time but God has certainly provided well for me here. My new family consists of my roommates, SummitLIFE group and the staff. Y'all are the greatest and I am looking forward to many more years living life with each of you! Thank you for helping me become more like Christ.

No comments: