Monday, July 07, 2008

From the MISC file

Fam, this one's for you! Notice, it's also a Circle!!! :) Miss you!

This picture may not mean anything to you or, perhaps, it brings back fond memories of a sweet, quiet time for you. I got to spend the night with one of my favorite families a few weeks ago. I made it to their house before they did and I got to spend some quality relaxing time in a rocking chair on the front porch with a good book. Ahhhh....

After returning from camp this weekend I really wanted to cook. I made homemade chicken fried rice, a pile-high veggie pizza, and 4 different kinds of pancakes. Meals for the week - TaDa!

Here's one of my favorite breakfast tips: Make a bunch of pancakes - add different ingredients from things you have around the house. Here I used raisins, blueberries, walnuts (nuts keep well in the freezer), and M&Ms (I wanted chocolate chip but all I had were some M&Ms that I received as a gift). As you take the pancakes off of the griddle/pan, stack them with wax paper in between. Put all the same "flavor" in one freezer bag labeled and dated. At breakfast time, pull out the desired amount of pancakes, pop in the toaster, and ENJOY! I've gotten into the habit of eating breakfast on the way to work so I put peanut butter in between my pancakes after they pop out of the toaster. Mmm. Mmm.

No comments: