Friday, February 20, 2009

I'll never go back!

Last week I had someone write in pen in my calendar. I don't even write in pen in my calendar. I fully intend on keeping all of my dates. I just write in pencil.
In fact, I had this particular evening blocked off to do nothing since the past week and the week to come was going to full to the brim (and overflowing). But my sissy pencil mark meant nothing to this pen-yielding date maker.

"8pm Soccer Date" was what was scribbled. There's a funny story to go along with this but I've already typed way more than most of you care to read so I'll save it for those of you who ask. (Oh, and don't get your expectations up. Now that I've said it was funny, it's bound to be lame.)
We showed up to this indoor court and watched an amazing soccer game. The coolest thing was that the wall served as 15 extra players on your team - you can play off the wall. I'll never go back to watching regular soccer again! Seriously, if you've never seen indoor soccer, find a game to go to. It's okay if you don't know anyone on the team - in fact, pick the underdog team to cheer for... they'll appreciate the encouragement. Maybe.


Right now you are probably feeling totally ripped off. Is this really even a picture of an indoor soccer game? There is no ball, all the "players" are in the same color and there are only 3 of them sauntering toward some wall.
Well, I assure you this was in fact taken at the game. I was so busy enjoying it that I forgot to take pictures. Well, except for this one at the half.

The fan club
Oh, and our guys won!

No comments: