Sunday, August 30, 2009

Honoring One Another - Jason

About a month ago I had a position change at the church. After 4 years of ministering to the students and families of students at The Summit I have stepped into a new role. I am now the Administrative Assistant for our West Club Campus and the Assistant for our Community Ministries (Hope for RDU).
This has been such a bittersweet time for me. While I am thoroughly enjoying my new position, I greatly mourn the old position. I am thankful that because of the relationships that have formed throughout the years and because I am not moving from the church, I will be able to continue to see these young women (and young men) grow as they are mentored and discipled to be more like Christ.
I wanted to take a moment (a few posts) to highlight the men who are leading the way for our students. They are a delight to me and I am thankful to call them friends and family!



Jason is our Student Pastor and has been on staff for 2 years next week.

When I first met Jason, he and his wife, Katie, were in town for a weekend retreat with our students. I had already seen him around campus at SEBTS and knew God was using Him in mighty ways. It wasn't long before I started seeing him at lunches each week and then we decided to hire him.

Ja$e has added such flare and spontaneity to my life. His passion for the nations and the students of Raleigh/Durham/Apex come to Christ is contagious! He has such big vision. I wish we could bottle it up and give it away! I am so honored to have worked with him these past 2 years and am looking forward to how God will be glorified through him in the years to come.

His wife, Katie, has been my Sunday morning smile for the past year. Shortly after we all welcomed their son, Holt, to the world she would bring him to studentLIFE on Sunday mornings. She must have known how in love with that little boy I was so she would let me hold him and even give him his bottle. It began to be a routine to the point of just handing him off (without words if something else was going on). But more than that she has reminded me to let things slide, enjoy the moment, and take a breath or two.

Thank you for being a part of my life and letting me be a part of yours!
I love you all and am looking forward to many more years!

1 comment:

katie gaston said...

Shannon you are the best! Miss seeing you on Sundays!
love,
katie