Monday, August 31, 2009

Honoring One Another - Ryan

This is the 2nd of a series of posts. Click here for the 1st post.

Ryan came on staff 2 years ago after having served with us as a leader for a while.

I'm pretty sure that when I first met him he was wearing a tie dye shirt and shorts. He was definitely sporting his large smile. I knew right away that he was going to be a great addition to our team. He has never turned down an opportunity to serve. And he has never wanted to be recognized for his service. It excites me to see his passion for his high school fellas to know and honor the Lord as he invites them to serve alongside him, to study God's Word with him, and even to be in his home.

His wife, Morgan, has been such a dear friend to me. She and I enjoy many of the same things and in many of the same ways. I love stopping by their home and making myself at home whether in the kitchen, at the table, or on the couch. She truly is a friend whom I can count on to speak into my life and allows me to speak into her life as well.

It was an honor to be among the first to be able to welcome their firstborn into the world, pray for him, and watch him grow. From the moment they told me (which I really couldn't believe), to the first visit in the hospital, to baby naps at their house, the family photo shoot and more, I have been humbled to be a part of their family.

I love your family dearly and am excited to be living just a few minutes closer. It will bless my heart to continue to be a part of God's ministry to and through you!

No comments: