Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Vacation? What's that?

On the way to my parents' house we visited with some cousins. Christy is such a beautiful girl! I love her!

The cousins, Aunt Pat and grandma!

Joy and I relaxed on the deck reading our books... before the rain came.

We went to the Aquarium at the Atlantis hotel on Nassau. We got to walk through a glass tunnel where fish and sharks swam all around. It was almost as if we were swimming with them. EXCEPT that we weren't in any danger of being eaten by one of these precious little creatures. :)

We wanted some yummy ice cream but opted for the picture of us pretending to eat ice cream on this cool ice cream bench instead.

On the ferry back to the boat.

Here's the family at formal dinner night. It was fun getting dressed up. And my brother is sooo funny!

So, I wanted to do some fun thrift store day or something but we didn't really have time to pull that together. Instead, we had Pop the Collar Day! :) How adorable are my parents???

Our day at Cococay was really fun! We saw this hermit crab as soon as we plopped into beach chairs...

...then, later when mom and I were walking around, she saw a hammock and wanted to sit in it for a few minutes. While she was sitting there I saw a iguana. When she got up we saw 10 iguana! These were no small keep-it-in-the-terrarium iguana, these were at least 3 feet long! So neat - especially since my mom loves iguana.

Here we are at the straw market.

This may possibly be my favorite picture from the trip (probably would be if my mom was in the picture too). It took like 4 tries to get this one.

My brother and Sam did some time with Karaoke. My brother cracks me up - doing his air guitar during the instrumental break in Sweet Home Alabama!!!!

We wanted to play Scrabble but someone already had that game. Instead we decided to play Scrabble Junior. Hilarious!!! We had to hold the monster-sized letters in our hands. The last time I played that game was with the kids I nannied 2 years ago.

2 comments:

The Morginskys said...

shannon-im confused...you went to the bahamas? girl you need to email us!!!

Jen T. said...

what an incredible vacation...i hope you come back well rested!