
I spent the week hanging out with my mom's mom (Nanny). She and I had an evening to ourselves. We made cookies together. While she was mixing she said she needed "more juice," meaning liquid. When I told her that was all we were allowed to put in by the recipe, she said, "It won't hurt to add some more water." I told her again that we couldn't and then she said I could stir. When I began she said, "You stir. You can be my servant." Then she laughed.
If you didn't laugh at this story it is probably because you weren't there to hear her tone of voice - so funny!!!

Another picture, another story! I've mixed up the dough and now it's time to make the 1" balls and place them 2" apart. Nanny kept making these large dough balls. When I would tell her that they were too big (maybe she should half them) she would laugh at me and take a PINCH off. She actually caught herself at one point and said, "My cookies are big aren't they?"

After they were all done we HAD to taste them. She thought they were great as you can tell by the smile on her face. :) Later that night she asked if she could have another and she "wouldn't ask for anymore." Again, you may have had to have heard her tone.

We also took a walk together where I got these fun pictures.

How sweet is it that we held hands!
I love my Nanny!

A normal day with Nanny includes going through some old jewelry... about 20 times, no lie. Her "necklace" is actually a belt but we thought it would still look nice. ;)

Like mother, like daughter.
My mom and Nanny were both a little chilly one evening so they snuggled under a blanket that I made for my mom last year. They were so cute on that couch I just had to take a picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment