Ten Things I enjoyed about my birthday this year...
(I usually put the caption at the bottom of the picture but it may be confusing if I do it that way on this post... so, the picture will follow the "thing". You're smart, you'll get it!)
1. Presents from sixers
Two of my sweet little 6th grade girls gave me this beautiful wall plaque. It matches my room and completes the collage I started a while back. (update on 9/30...) Another 6er brought me these lovely candles and another these amazing pink roses. You can't tell in the picture but I'm pretty sure there are 24 of them!!!
Plus I got a TON of hugs - which I absolutely love!
Plus I got a TON of hugs - which I absolutely love!
I have been so humbled by these 6ers and the love and gifts for my birthday has been even more humbling. I am so thankful for them!
2. Dad's poem
My dad and I share a love of poetry.
He sent me 2 poems this week... the one he sent today made me cry.
3. Gifts from friends who know me well
Just a few things from some of my friends. So thoughtful!
4. studentLIFE celebration
I was beat box serenaded by our worship leader and 2 of the high school fellas. I've learned the secret of beat boxin'. Leave a message if you want to find out what it is!
My new boss, Jason, loves that I'm 30. He thinks it's sooo old. So this is the power point slide he made for me last night at high school studentLIFE.
We also had 3 cookie cakes! I got my very own "30" candles too!
5. Staff Party with Bonnie
Bonnie's birthday is the day after mine so we had a joint staff party today:
balloons, apple pie, ice cream, tiramasu, co-workers/friends!
6. Flowers for my mom
(I got this picture from the hallmark website)
Something I've been wanting to do for a long time is to send my mom flowers on my birthday. This year I did it! Aren't they beautiful?
She loved them!
7. Massage
I had been planning to get a massage today when I get an envelope while at the office. Inside was a certificate for a massage at White Dahlia. WOW! It was great!
8. Decorated bedroom
I have the honor of discipling the coolest college girl ever!
She's not cool because she did this, but this is cool...
She figured out when I would be out of the house today and came to decorate my room. Streamers, balloons, signs all over, a super, super sweet card and a beautiful gourmet chocolate cake. AV, you are amazing!
9. OFFICE season premier
(I got this image from the website)
It's kind of like NBC's birthday present to me.
10. Game Night (tomorrow)
Jen and David came to my house to celebrate with me!
Okay so we had 2 group pictures from game night. This is the first.
I'm not sure what Hannah, Katie and I are doing but Jason is most definitely reenacting one of the crazy scenes from Ace Ventura Pet Detective.
The second picture, well, some people might not like me to post it.
2. Dad's poem
He sent me 2 poems this week... the one he sent today made me cry.
3. Gifts from friends who know me well
4. studentLIFE celebration
5. Staff Party with Bonnie
balloons, apple pie, ice cream, tiramasu, co-workers/friends!
6. Flowers for my mom
(I got this picture from the hallmark website)Something I've been wanting to do for a long time is to send my mom flowers on my birthday. This year I did it! Aren't they beautiful?
She loved them!
7. Massage
8. Decorated bedroom
She's not cool because she did this, but this is cool...
She figured out when I would be out of the house today and came to decorate my room. Streamers, balloons, signs all over, a super, super sweet card and a beautiful gourmet chocolate cake. AV, you are amazing!
9. OFFICE season premier
(I got this image from the website)It's kind of like NBC's birthday present to me.
10. Game Night (tomorrow)
I'm not sure what Hannah, Katie and I are doing but Jason is most definitely reenacting one of the crazy scenes from Ace Ventura Pet Detective.
The second picture, well, some people might not like me to post it.
2 comments:
you deserve the best ;) see you soon!
I love that The Office premier was NBC's birthday present to you ;) AND I'm so glad you got to go to the spa!!! That rocks. Happy 3-0!
Post a Comment