Tuesday, June 17, 2008

NY & SA

The NY team made it home safely this afternoon. I am looking forward to hearing their stories!
Here's the first of several pictures with the "Welcome Home" sign. Keep an eye out for it in posts to come.
(Believe it or not, I didn't take a single picture of the NY team upon their return. I was so excited to see them all - not pictured here - that I totally forgot. Thankfully one of the mom's took several pictures.)

Look at all those smiles!
This is the South Africa team as they were getting ready to leave the airport. You may be saying, "Some of those kids look really young." You would be right. This is a child/parent trip. There are 4-8th grade kids/students and their parents on this trip as well as a few other adults.

My SummitLIFE group represents when it comes to mission trips. Rick and his daughter Laura are in SA right now.
(I forgot to get a picture with the 2 boys from our group who went on the NY trip)

My sweet friend Amber is leading this trip. She is a delight and I miss her tremendously already.

We spent some time praying before they left.
Will you take a few minutes to pray for them?
That they will begin to develop a heart for the nations, a heart for their lost friends, that they will rely on the Lord to honor and serve Him through the duration of their trip.

No comments: