Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Confession: I've never been to the state fair

...until this year.
My roommates LOVE the fair. And until this year, I have never been. Thanks to a very special friend, we drove right up to the gate and walked right in. Thanks Ike!

Hannah and I before my first pig race experience. My favorite was the duck race. It is a bizarre phenomenon.

The sweet race-caller was kind enough to pose with us after the race was over. I think he was in hog-heaven with all us ladies. :)

One reason why I never went to the fair. I do, however, like funnel cakes. I had some of that while I was there this year.

Sharon, Ike, and Hannah ready for their ride on the swings.

Mid-flight

Thanks for a great first state fair experience! I wouldn't have done it without you!!!

6 comments:

Kim McGee said...

mmmm....I had a funnel cake from that same stand. It stayed around a little too long, though!

Shannon said...

I don't know where my funnel cake came from actually.

Anonymous said...

Wait...I'm confused. I thought Ike was Sharon's very special friend. However, if he's now yours, that might explain her post yesterday.

Shannon said...

"A" very special friend, not "my" very special friend. It is definitely Sharon's very special friend! :)

Jenn Harrison said...

I've never been to a "State" fair either, but I've gone to the one that comes downtown...You know, the one where you're in constant fear for your life...You've at least been to THAT one right??

Oh and I came across one of the best sites of seen for having your blog printed - www.blurb.com - Have you seen that one?? Looks pretty good and very customizable! Maybe one day I'll have enough to publish too!!

Hope you're having a great day!! Hugs from the big AUG!

Amanda Sublett said...

what a taste of culture! I LOVE the fair... the sights, the people, the rides, the snacks, the roasted corn, the exhibits, the faces of the children - we took the three kiddos on Monday... I wish we could go every day it is in town... but then again, after robbing the bank it would take to pay for all of it... it would be hard to enjoy the turkey leg from the pits of the jailhouse!