Saturday, November 04, 2006

Blowing Rock, NC

I had a great time in Blowing Rock, NC this weekend. I went with April, the college gal I disciple. Here's the story of our time...
Have you ever been on the road to somewhere and just wanted to pull over and explore? Well, I have. This trip was the perfect time to do just that. Here is our first stop. Sure Foundation Baptist Church. We were going to picnic here but there wasn't a scenic place there. So instead we decided to take some pics.


Left: A pretty picture of April on the entrance of Sure Foundation.


Right: Turns out that Sure Foundation's foundation may not be so sure. (note rocks on ground)








We were driving along and saw a sign for a vineyard. We decided to see what we could see. We saw a pretty fountain and thought we'd take a picture. When we were walking up to it we heard a weird noise and then a voice. A lady had opened the upstairs window and told us that the entrance was "over here." I guess she thought we were going to break into the winery.

We were really excited about our trip to Boone because of the beautiful leaves. I found out, however, from a friend who had just been up the previous weekend that the pretty leaves were all gone. So on one of our side street adventures we found these fabulously yellow leaves!

My past two trips to Boone were for a ski trip and waterfall jumping. This time I got to go to Blowing Rock and stand on this rock that jets out. It was beautiful, and wouldn't you know it... the wind was blowing!

Blowing Rock also has a cute little downtown. Here we are outside of The Mountain Man. We got some delicious apple cider there and a little break from the bitter cold. We also visited Kilwin's and the candle shop. We went in to Boone and ate at a home cookin' restaurant - yummy!

Yikes, a bear!

We picniced at little country churches on the way up and back. I've always wanted to do that!

No comments: