Sunday, January 21, 2007

Honoring the sick?

Me and a couple of our junior girls on this weekend's ski trip with the high school crowd.

I spent most of the day staking claim to lunch tables and guarding the belongings of those who would be eating lunch. Erin and I took a break from our reading for a picture. I was working on finishing a bio on William Carey.

They were blowing snow there on the mountain and the students came in with ice-covered heads. Kara's braids are frozen!


Well, I woke up today... sick. I did 3 things today: sleep, read and eat Tokyo Express. I finished the William Carey bio - it's great. This is my new bowl. I got to paint it at this neat little place in WF. It's fantastic because it means that I can enjoy Chinese or Japanese in my own home with a nice little place to rest my chopsticks (see the little notch? there's another on the adjacent side).

Well, I did do a few other things. One of them included reading my pastor's blog. I posted part of today's blog (see the whole post here). I was completely humbled! JD, you are fabulous... thank you! I am thankful to be able to do what I love to do - share Christ and life with students.

January 21, 2007
Studs and Studdettes at our Church, and a couple of other random thoughts
Throughout the week, and twice on Sunday, some of the most extraordinary people I've ever met serve in relatively unknown but extremely significant ways. Such as the following:

2. Shannon Simoneau: I mention Shannon as representative of one of the many student ministry staff that loves our teenagers. Shannon is contagious. She knows each student by name, and is consumed with their wellbeing. Yesterday we were all skiing together--Shannon's self-defined role was just to hang out with the kids who would saunter in to thaw their faces. Shannon is the kind of people who make our church 'great.'

No comments: