Thursday, January 18, 2007

Snow Day




I woke up this morning, did my quiet time, and started getting ready for my fun-filled day of the boys, discipleship, and dinner with a friend. Then I got a phone call... at 7:10 AM. It was then that I remembered that there was a chance for snow this morning. I listened to the voicemail from the boys mom who said that of course I wouldn't be keeping the boys today. I took a look outside and saw this beautiful sight. It was about that same time that, Hannah, my school-teacher roommate got a phone call that she didn't have school today either. Thus begins the snow extravaganza!




Those who know me best (and for a while) know that I can't have snow in my yard without making a snowman. So the first thing I did was head outside to make this handsome gentleman. The last snowman I made was 2 years ago on my apartment balcony in SEBTS housing. He was a tiny little man but adorable if I do say so myself. This year's fella stands at about 2 feet tall.





He took some time out of his busy schedule to pose with me!



I went inside for a few minutes and then looked out the window to see that my snowman had fallen!!! It makes for a funny shot though.


Hannah joined me outside and had the brilliant idea to throw snowballs at Stacy's window. Stacy had yet to wake up and enjoy the winter wonderland that was surely to last only the morning.

... and WHACK! She hit Stacy's window head on. We threw a few more and then we heard a "What are y'all doing?" from inside. Stacy woke up!

It wouldn't be an extravanganza if that was all we did. So we went to the back deck and took aim at the satelite dish in the back yard. I hit it dead on only once but Hannah got the hang of it pretty quickly smacking it several times.

Then we went around to the side of the house to clean Stacy's car off for her before she had to go into work. Can you tell what we made? I won't really make you guess... it's a map of the world! Just kidding. It's a bearded smiley face! :)>

Stacy promised to throw a snowball on her way to work and she did. Here's the shot of her throwing one at me!

What a fun unexpected snow morning! I hope that each of you were able to enjoy this sweet surprise. God is good and what He does is good (Ps119:68), may we pay attention as He teaches us how to honor and obey Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so jealous. thats all i have to say.