This is the last car that I drove before getting my car back (hopefully the last time it will have to be in the shop... EVER)! Let's look at the list, if I can remember that far back!
1. Taurus (rental)
2. Lexus (David's)
3. (Sarah's)
4. My little red "sport car" (rental)
5. (Geoff's)
6. Jimmy (Hannah's) - in the pic above
Yep, that's a total of 6 cars that I have driven other than my car over the past month. I am so thankful for the body of Christ who stepped up in so many ways: lending me their car, driving me to get cars, etc. Let's not forget the financial donor. You are all amazing!!! Thank you for being obedient to God.
It's been quite unsettling. Especially since I also was house-sitting for 10 of those days. Oh, and classes started during this time too. I'm still not in a routine yet. If you know me, you know how unsettled I am feeling. The good thing is that I know that my security and peace comes from God, not my circumstances.
Also, my dog died, my PawPaw was just put in a nursing home after a 3 day hospital stay, the family that I have been nannying and cleaning for for the past 3 years is moving and I graduate in May (exciting but...) without job security. Again, my security is in God, surely.
God has taught me so much through this entire process. One thing was that I am pretty selfish and I tend to want things to go my way, in my time.
I sat in my Counseling Practicum II class yesterday afternoon and watched a counseling session take place. The counselor drew and explained a diagram (I have already drawn and explained it with someone). As I watched I realized how far God has brought me in my relationship with Him. The diagram is called the "Y diagram". At any point of decision/choice I choose to serve/honor/obey God or myself. When faced with temptation choosing self is easy; choosing God is hard. A life that continues to choose pleasing self is a life that is enslaved to sin, a hard life. As one continues to choose pleasing God it is easier to please God, even if the situations in the life aren't easier. That's what I've seen during this month: choosing to please God (trying my best) has gotten easier (note: not easy!) and my desire is to please Him more and more.
I hope that made sense and that it encourages you in your walk with the Lord.
Here's a verse that God is writing on my heart right now:
"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4,5
So, here it is, my all fixed car. I guess I should have posted a picture of my engine too!
Oh, I have to share this: I was driving home from the Forest yesterday and the car directly in front of me was hit by a car. When the car pulled over a little while up I saw that the deer clipped the front of the car. It was pretty nasty... I just typed the whole story out but decided it was too gross. I was really just letting you know the irony of it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment