There is no picture for this post... and the title is as sincere as I could be. I am tempted to thank the sender of the card that I received today but their intention was not for me to thank them. How do I know? The return address was missing, the mailing address was typed, as was the body of the card. Now, I love to recieve cards (and I love to send them too!!!) but I'm not thanking God for the simple kindness of a card (although maybe I should be just as thankful that someone wants to encourage my heart). I am thankful because the Lord has seen fit for this person to provide for me financially. Long story short, I have been having some major car issues and... classes just started back which means LOTS of new books. Neither of those are cheap. I am thankful that my God, the One True God, has shown Himself faithful in this sweet way. I don't mean to misrepresent God by saying that He would not be faithful if He had not provided the money. No, God is perfect and can only be faithful. Please join me in celebrating the God who is Sovereign, Holy, Just and Peace-giving!
5 comments:
That's awesome Shannon! Praise God for His amazing blessings and meeting ALL your needs.
That's great. I am so thankful He showed himself to you in such a very tangible way!
Wow, wow, wow! I LOVE hearing things like this! AND I loved hearing your authentic thanksgiving in your post to a God who is always faithful, even when things like this don't happen! Love, Deborah
Wow, wow, wow! I love hearing things like this! And I loved hearing your authentic thanksgiving in your post to a God who is ALWAYS faithful (even when things like this don't happen)! Love you. Deborah
Post a Comment