
Sunday night I had the grand opportunity to carol with my dad, my brother (not pictured), and some other wonderful singers from my parents' church. I was going to tell you my favorite part of the night but it was all so amazing. We got to sing to 3 families. One of the families I've been caroling to before (when I was in middle school I think). The daughter has been a paraplegic as long as I can remember and her baby brother (who has since grown up to a now college student). She was so sick we had to sing to her via a monitor. Her parents are now pretty sick as well. Their faces just lit up as we all filed in to sing for them.
They sent us across the street to this sweet young mom and her toddler. Her husband is in Germany, which is where she is from. Well, we "happened" to have a German-raised lady in our group who was able to speak German with her and make a contact to get together soon.
After we finished our caroling I took a good look around our group whom I've known for years. We have so many nations represented... it was simpling amazing to be singing with saints from Germany, India, China, and America (black and white). What a great taste of what heaven will be like! Come Lord Jesus, come!
No comments:
Post a Comment