Friday, April 04, 2008

"Sorry kids, no studentLIFE tonight"

Alternate post titles: "DPS breaks free", "You do what for a living?", "How I spent my Wednesday afternoon"
Although those would have been clever titles they didn't cover the entire day. This week is spring break for Durham Public Schools. Wednesday morning Ryan got a call from one of our guys who wanted to play paintball. After they found out that there weren't any place open during the week that didn't take reservations they settled for lunch and lasertag. Well, as soon as I heard "lasertag" I jumped on the chance to take some girls.
So in the middle of the day, we left the office and headed to Frankie's Fun Park. Seriously.

Jessica was the lone female that joined me to challenge the guys at laser tag. The we ended up having to go against some other spring breakers. And I feel like I have to brag a minute... I was the #2 scorer (behind Ryan).

With laser tag over the guys had to get out some more energy so they took it out to the (non)bumper cars.

The kiddos spent some time playing in the arcade and they got these army men with their tickets. Jason Gaston took this photo and the next - he was so proud! Great job J$!

I was going to say which person's face was my favorite but I can't decide. They are all sooooo funny to me.

I had to get a pic of Jason with his army men.

Since we didn't have studentLIFE this week some of the leaders got together for dinner and a game. I love to take group photos but rarely get the chance to. Ryan helped make this one happen - thanks.

I'm not quite sure which of my dear friends thought it would be a good idea to get everyone to close their eyes but it sure is funny. Thanks for keeping your eyes open Sarah!
I'd also like to note all the open mouth smiles in the 2 previous pictures - I love it!!!

Kristen, thanks for dinner - it was so yummy!

No comments: