I got up this morning around 7:15, had a nice relaxing time getting ready for my day with the mandatory Google Reader and Facebook checks. I also spent some time over a passage in Ephesians that I am thinking for others. I have been so blown away at the opportunity that we are given to lift others up! I had some apple streusel muffins and made my way to Cole Mill.
It was a little chilly outside but nice enough for the students (10 boys and 1 girl) to play football at The Pit. This morning we went through Galatians 5:13-15. I am so thankful to be free from the bondage of sin!
Apparently I don't dress up enough because I got several comments today about my outfit - I bought a great shirt last night at Kohl's (K, K, S, H and M - you would LOVE it) that I wore with some black pants and heels. Oh, and KM, I used my red purse today! :)

2nd hour was kind of awkward in a JD sort of way. It's on Itunes (or will be soon) - you should check it out if you are able. I'm blushing so I'll end this part of the post.
I came home for tortellini and chicken lunch with April - we did discipleship today. We are reading through Tozer's "Knowledge of the Holy". You guys remember this from grad school days? (Speaking of, we are finishing this book up this semester. I'd love anyone's ideas on a good next book for the two of us to read/study together. Send me an email or comment please.) Here's one of my favorite quotes from what we discussed today: Julian of Norwich, "For our soul is so specially loved of Him that is highest that it overpasseth the knowing of all creatures: that is to say, there is no creature that is made that may know how much and how sweetly and how tenderly our Maker loveth us. And therefore we may with grace and His help stand in spiritual beholding, with everlasting marvel of this high, overpassing, inestimable Love that Almighty God hath to us of His Goodness." Mmm. My God loves me more than I can know! I am so thankful!
After lunch I went over to Target to get some fixin's for these:
I wanted to make a fun snack for small group tonight and since we have some birthdays I thought I'd make cupcakes - with York Peppermint Patties in the middle. I took a break from this post to ice and decorate them. They should be yummy - as my dad says, you can't go wrong with a York Peppermint Patty! I wish I could send some to you but I'm afraid they wouldn't make it past my fun postman. (Maybe I'll ask him if I can blog about him sometime - he's so nice.)
I'll leave in a few minutes for the Langston's where I hope to be taking family pictures to send your way. I'll be fighting the thunderstorm that began just after a friend mowed the lawn and one of my roommates finished washing her car. It's turned the sunshine sky to a dusk at 4:30pm. I'm not a fan of the thunder and lightning and darkness but we are still under our water levels and I'm all for having water in Dtown!
I hope you enjoyed this post that was special for you Ms! I miss you a lot and already and am lifting you up!!! Much love.
2 comments:
the cupcakes look wonderful. much love from one of the red dots not in america ;) we need to chat soon. maybe tomorrow.
Cupcakes were very yummy! We will see just how many dots we can put on your map while we travel this summer!
Post a Comment