Thursday, December 11, 2008

First Christmas Gift


Today is another all-blog day for the Summit Staff. I love these days.

Let me go ahead and speak to you type-As out there who may have already stopped reading because the date in the .jpg above is out of date. Since that would usually bother me I feel like I have the "okay" to tell you this... "it's alright, we'll be taking the Christmas Missions Offering throughout December... and I'll refer to the Christmas Missions Offering as CMO from here on out."

Now to the Summiteers (that would be a Summit member) who are reading. If you've been around for any time at all you know that missions and giving are HUGE for us. We love God, we love each other, and we love the world. If for some very odd reason you have missed that (or you aren't an attender) check out www.summitchurch.cc. This is your chance to be a part of what is happening right here in YOUR neighborhood, RDU, Ohio, Virginia, NY, and around the world. Talk with your families about how you can sacrifice so that others may know the love of Christ! (Students, notice I said "families." You should be taking a vital part of this as well.)

This past Sunday was the first time in a long time that I have participated in one of our missions offering ON THE DAY. It was amazing! I don't know exactly what it was but when my campus pastor pulled out the CMO envelope I got excited (and then pulled out my checkbook to make out the check for the amount that I had prayed about giving). The next thing I knew the girl next to me whom I "disciple" was pulling out her wallet to give her CMO. Then we started to give our CMOs and I saw my friends (staff and non-staff) giving their CMO too. I love being a part of the body of Christ.

If you are not a Summiteer, consider what your CMO will be at your own local church. They are probably doing one too.

No comments: