
My family wore this trail in walking to our neighbors house. The Swifts were a third set of parents for my parents, and a third set of grandparents for my brother and I. You couldn't go over without returning with something. I know few people as generous as they were. They have since gone on to be with the Lord but they left a lasting impression on my family.

I learned my mad backing up skills by having to back out of this driveway.

I'm not sure why I remember this but there was a yellow-jackets nest in there one year and my dad killed them. Thanks dad!

My brother's room. I was so jealous of his built-in bookshelves... even as a 6th grader I wanted bookshelves in my room.

I'm proud of my dad for so many different reasons... I remember the day he installed the phone on the wall here... years later he built the cabinet to the left.

We used to have to watch this tiny hole every time it rained. Really, we would open the blinds and watch the water rise. Then, when dad thought it was too high, he would wade out in the water and unclog the drain. Mom or I or my brother would greet him at the door with 2 towels. 1 for the floor and one for him. Then one year he got the bright idea to put bricks up to keep the leaves out. It worked, most of the time.

That
WBBQ sticker in the window was there before we moved in and it made me laugh every time I would do work or play in the backyard.

I know it looks rigged. It was. My dad and brother and I built this shed. It was great!

When there were flowers on these bushes I would cut them and float them in water for my mom. And, I think my brother and I buried a time capsule behind these bushes. When we tried to dig it up years later we couldn't find it. Mom and Dad said the bugs ate it.

All I remember about this doohickey is that there was a hole in the ground that we put it in so the gate would stay put and we could let the dog out.
No comments:
Post a Comment