Sunday, May 24, 2009

Yakity Yak the Parkers Go Back

I was painting the other day when I heard a small child. I went to go see which of the lovely little ones it was. As I walked into the hallway, I knew immediately which it was... they were, I should say.
The Parker twins!

I was praying for the Parkers before I even knew who they were (and before they had their babies) because somehow I ended up with one of their prayer cards at my desk at our old offices.

I've had the honor of watching the twins a few times while they have been stateside. And this weekend they left. (Sad.) Before they left I wanted to get a picture with them. Here is how it went down.

This picture was taken after about 20 failed attempts... by my camera! I couldn't get it to take a picture. At all.

Tim trying. Wow, I was pretty upset - not really. I think I said, "Awe" and this is what I look like when I say that in a pitiful way. Fun pic of the Parkers though!

Another failed attempt.
I was way frustrated with my big, fancy camera at this point.

So I went back to my office and got my other camera. On the way back, Keane was wearing these super-amazing flamingo glasses. We HAD to get a picture of that!

Finally, the group shot... with my trusty Sony Cybershot!
Bye, Parkers. I will miss you. Praying for you!

*For those of you who care, my big, fancy camera is just fine. I took it to the camera guy who immediately started snapping photos. Still don't know what was wrong with it but the camera guy gave me a few tricks to make it work if it ever happened again. Thanks camera guy!

No comments: