Monday, September 28, 2009

Purse Party - Planning


Now that you know the origins of the Purse Party, I'm going to take you through the planning. Some of which we actually did, others are things we learned to do next time.

We'll walk through the 5W's
Who, What, When, Where, Why, & How

For you type A's out there, these will be out of order as far as the phrase is concerned but in order for the way you need to think through the party planning. It'll be alright. Trust me.

When
First you must decide when you want to have the party. We had ours on a Friday night and it went quite well. I'm pretty sure you could have it anytime though. The majority of the planned time lasted about 1 1/2 hours. I'll include a sample schedule in a later post.

Where
Here are a few things you will want to consider when picking a location for this party:
Is there a central or neutral location for the ladies you want to invite(see below)?
How many ladies do you expect?
Do you want the party to be all in one room or to move around some?

Why
Relationships & being a blessing. We covered that in this post.

Who
This completely depends on what kind of relationship goal you set. I wanted ladies of all ages and stages of life to get to know one another. We were able to do that well because of the circles that A. and I run in. You may also consider having the women of several small groups, the ladies in your neighborhood or from work, or the mom's of your children's class/homeroom/team for a start.

What
Mingle
Play game(s)
Give prizes
Write notes
Trade purses

How
This one is a little more lengthy so I'll save it for the next post.


________________

If you decide to do a Purse Party of your own, please let me know about it!
________________

The rest of the Purse Party posts can be found here:
Purse Party Supurselatives
Purse Party Schedule w/o Photos
Purse Party Schedule
Purse Party Planning
Purse Party Origins
Purse Party Sneak Peek

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this idea! It might also be a great way to meet neighbors if you're new to an area. I can't wait until the next post!

Jenn Harrison said...

Waiting for the next post...