Monday, October 05, 2009

Purse Party - Schedule

I'm so sorry these are so late. I was without internet for several days on the computer that had the pictures. Thanks for your patience, enjoy!

Continuing in our Purse Party series...
I've got the long awaited pictures today!!!

Depending on your personality, the schedule can make or break your party. This is true of any event that has a planned purpose.

Here is a sample schedule.
I'm basing this schedule on what we actually did with some additions/changes that we thought about after the fact. I will provide a schedule minus pictures for you later. That will be more user friendly, I suppose.

7:00 pm
Guest begin to arrive,

drop bags


and donations at the door,
(the Purse Party was held in a small home so we made use of the spacious porch)


write a quick note with their name and how many purses they brought,
(part of game later, no amounts used in correlation with names)
*I would have liked to have color coordinated everything - red, white, black


mingle (with food and drinks)


7:20 pm
Let everyone introduce themselves.
Play a game.

We did Supurselatives. A little play on words with Superlatives. I'll post the game in another blog.


7:30pm
Come together for the swap
Make sure to give the ladies some time to look over the bags.
(This is an area that could be done better in a venue that has more space)

One way to do that is to write notes to send with the bags.

I provided blank note cards, envelopes and pens for the ladies to write notes to a mom-to-be, a PSS staff member or a PSS volunteer. Every other person around the circle took time to look at the bags while the others wrote notes. Then after a little while they switched.

Do the bag swap.

We let our guests pick numbers from a box. For the first round, start with #1 and move in order through the group. If your ladies decide that they want to get another bag, start with the last number and move back to #1. We had ladies in our group that wanted 2 bags, but not everyone. We even had some ladies who didn't want any bags. Don't make a big deal out of it, just let them enjoy the fun of being with the group.


8:15pm
Wrap up the party

with more mingling and eating.


Make sure to get a group photo...
even if they aren't all there at the end. :)

8:45pm
Enlist a few ladies to help load all the purses and donated items into the car that will deliver them to the donation site (PSS in this case).


________________

If you decide to do a Purse Party of your own, please let me know about it!
________________

The rest of the Purse Party posts can be found here:
Purse Party Supurselatives
Purse Party Schedule w/o Photos
Purse Party Schedule
Purse Party Planning
Purse Party Origins
Purse Party Sneak Peek

No comments: