Friday, October 09, 2009

Purse Party - Snacks

So yummy!

I searched the internet for a cupcake or cake that would look like a purse. I did find 2 cakes but they weren't really something that I could do with ease. So, I made up a cupcake topper to die for!

Ingredients:
2 boxes of chocolate cake mix (and correlating ingredients)
2 containers of white icing
2 boxes of Oreo Cakesters
Pull-apart Twizzlers (you won't need anywhere near the whole package)
Red Hots (I got the "movie size" box, you won't need anywhere near the whole box though)
Red or Silver or White cupcake liners

The only reason the color of cake mix and icing matter is so the topper matches. If you can find other colors of pull-apart Twizzlers and something else to make the clasp (instead of Red Hots), go for it!

Directions:
Bake cupcakes according to directions. Make sure to let cool (great idea to make them the night before)
Ice cupcakes. Nothing fancy since it will mostly be covered and the attention will be elsewhere.

Cut 1 Oreo cakester in half at a diagonal (so the "purse" will lean back on the cupcake)
Cut or tear a small piece of a Twizzler strand, insert ends in creamy center part of the Oreo cakester half as a handle(see picture above).
Using a small bit of icing, attach a Red Hot on the front of the Oreo cakester half as the clasp.

Put the "purse" on top of the cupcake. Tada! A fun Purse Party snack!
________________

If you decide to do a Purse Party of your own, please let me know about it!
________________

The previously posted Purse Party posts can be found here:
Purse Party Supurselatives
Purse Party Schedule w/o Photos
Purse Party Schedule
Purse Party Planning
Purse Party Origins
Purse Party Sneak Peek

No comments: