Sunday, November 11, 2007

The best weekend of your life. Guaranteed.

Fall Retreat 2007 was a blast - just as promised!
It was tough going on the retreat less than 24 hours after arriving home from time with my family and my PawPaw's funeral. Again, thank you all for your prayers and encouragement!


One fun part of every retreat is the fabulous array of games. Our through the roof fun intern Ryan came up with such a great bunch of them. This was TORPEDO - I love the looks on their faces in this picture!

One of our newest fun Sixers - we took about 30 6th grade students on this retreat. Needless to say we had a lot of energy. My camera died (and I forgot my charger) so I didn't get some of the HIGH ENERGY group shots.

Aren't they precious?!?! These are almost of all our Sixers that went on Fall Retreat.

The Freshies decorate their t-shirts for team competition.

Here is some of that high energy I was talking about... in action (and my first video on blogger too!). These are leaders, Sixers and 7th and 8th grade girls. They came up with this on their own: How far can you go with only cartwheels (or somersaults as you will see)? They were amazing!

For the first time on studentLIFE Fall Retreat we had cold weather! Not only were our long sleeve shirts more appropriate, we got to wear hoodies!!! I'm not sure what the weather has been like where you are but we haven't had too many cold days yet. I'm glad to have the weather change. :)

A handful of middle school students and a few leaders, a small wooden building with a "Keep Out," and a guy with climbing gear in the middle of the woods?
Well, we did high ropes this year. Let me rephrase that: High ropes were available to the students this year and several of them did it - and loved it! I did not do high anything! :)

Here are some of the brave Sixers ready to go! They were soooo brave!

It was very windy at the high ropes (which was right on the water) so these funny girls knotted themselves into their hoodies as we watched the other girls. They stayed warm for the most part.

Enough of the ground shots... Yes, that is a 12 year old little lady walking on the ladder/bridge 30 feet up! They did soooo well!
Thanks CWR staff for all you did to make our weekend fabulous! Especially, Kevin, Jeremy, and Jed for keeping us safe on the ropes!

No comments: