Monday, November 05, 2007

I love my PawPaw!

Updated below:
I couldn't find my favorite picture with my PawPaw. But this one is just fine. It reminds me of a super funny time with him. See previous Christmas posts.
I don't want this post to be sad, necessarily. But it does deliver sad news. My PawPaw died yesterday morning. I don't want to focus on that though. I want to show God off a little instead. You see, I am going to Colorado for Thanksgiving this year so I wasn't going to be able to see my family until Christmas. I could tell that my mom wasn't too psyched about that idea - neither was I - so I asked my fantastic bosses for some time off. They both thought it was a good idea. Well, while I was in GA with the fam I got to spend 45 minutes of alone sitting and talking time with my PawPaw (Wednesday). While I thought that would probably be the last time I would see him I did not think it would be this soon that he would pass. Only God could have worked that sweet time out! Praise Him!
My family and I would appreciate your prayers (especially for my mom, his daughter) during this time. Thank you.UPDATE: My mom found the picture this morning. I LOVE this picture. Not only is it my favorite with my PawPaw but it is one of my all-time favorite pictures.
Here's the story... My family was at the assisted living home for Thanksgiving (or maybe it was Christmas). I was taking pictures with Nanny and PawPaw and he randomly did this opened smile. That happens to be my favorite fun way to smile so I thought I'd join him. This is the picture we got. I'm going to miss his humor.

3 comments:

The Morginskys said...

SS: thinking of you and your family during this time. Sending love and kisses...Sharon

Jen T. said...

we're thinking about you and we missed you for lunch!

Lainey Bug and John Stanley III said...

I remember that second picture! Prayers for you & your family...
Deb