I wanted to share some more pictures with you from Linville and Boone, NC. These are some of April's pictures. Thanks girl!
Look at my big fish! I caught it on the hike of Linville Falls.
Look at my big fish! I caught it on the hike of Linville Falls.
Linville Caverns is home to blind trout (not pictured here) and a few of these tiny bats. He's kind of hard to see in there but maybe if you click on it to enlarge it you can see it then. He's tiny but he's an adult. They only get to be a few inches tall.
This is our Linville Caverns tour guide. He sounded so much like Gomer Pile from The Andy Griffin Show. He knew so much about the caverns and did a great job showing us around.I had two favorite parts.
One was when we all stood on this grated, skinny walkway. Just when we were all looking around on the walls and above us to try to figure out what we were supposed to be looking at, Gomer here had us lean against one wall and look down under us. It was such a beautiful site. A deep crystal clear pool. They don't know how deep it is but I think they said at least a mile. None of the pictures turned out well for that one.
The second was when we got to experience complete and utter darkness. We all stood together and he turned out the lights. Then he had us wave our hands in front of our faces, etc. NOTHING. As we stood in the darkness he explained to us that you can only experience complete darkness in 2 places. In the middle of mountain or way down deep in the ocean. I got to do that. Cool.

This is our annual kiss the mountain man picture. As you can tell, I don't spend hours upon hours practicing my pucker in front of a camera. :)
*Title from a friend's Facebook album. Thanks Suz!

No comments:
Post a Comment