Monday, November 26, 2007

Today's Ten - a few of my favorite things

Today's Ten - A Few of My Favorite Things

"When the dog bites, and the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad.
I simply remember my favorite things....
and then I don't feel so bad."

Okay, so the theology of that song is pretty off but I love the Sound of Music and that's one of it's catchier songs.

Without further reading delay, here are a few of my favorite things. Ten to be exact.

1. A child's laugh.

2. The smell of fresh cut grass, clothes drying, and a wood-burning fireplace.

3. A hot cup of caramel apple cider.

4. Cards and gifts made with love.

5. A good book, 70 degree weather, and a deck (or blanket or not... anything outside will do).

6. A stroll through Target without spending a dime.

7. Ten pages into a new journal, a special pen, and a table at a Borders.

8. Fresh grown flowers.

9. Trying new things. Don't read this as highly adventurous though. :)

10. And yes, "brown paper packages wrapped up with string" is one of my favorite things!

1 comment:

Lainey Bug and John Stanley III said...

Oh, I wish you could come to my house. #1 on your list would be filled to the rim :) JS has the most incredible belly laugh. I gotta get it on camera soon. And you know Lainey's is contagious. Love your list. Lots of love...