I prayed all the way home from work that the forecast of rain for the next afternoon and evening storms worse than the previous storm would hold off from 5:30 - 6:15pm while the students were arriving and loading their luggage into their host homes.
3/6/08 8:17am
Showers that were supposed to start after lunch arrived early. I drove to work in the rain and prayed, "God, I hope this means that you are giving us the rain we need so much early in the day so that we can be dry and have fun while the students arrive later today."
10:22am, 2:47pm, 4:09pm
Continued rain... we sure did need it.
5:10pm
Still raining.
5:22pm
NO RAIN!!! no kidding
6:28pm
NO RAIN!!!
6:29pm
Drizzles started up but never really got any momentum. We were umbrella free for the rest of the evening which was great for when we had to go outside to get to our breakout sessions.
_______________________________
3/11/08 9:49pm
I found this news article that one of my roommates told me about.
News & Observer
The Associated Press
"RALEIGH, N.C. - City officials said last week's rains raised Falls Lake by 5 feet and extended Raleigh's water supply to 259 days at current rates of use and if no more rain falls."The Associated Press
_______________________________
So, God is into the little things too. And, as I acknowledged to a few friends while it was still raining on Friday, even if it didn't stop raining, God is still God... and still good!
I am so thankful!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment