Friday night was fun. There were 23+ people in a townhome for dinner and a movie. I was just there for the movie. Imagine, if you will, 23 people college students, college leaders, church staff, and friend crowded into a den to watch the last of the Bourne trilogy. I'm not sure what you imagined but if laughter, comments from the peanut gallery, and rewinding were included, you would be correct. It was such a fun way to re-watch the movie. Not so great for those who hadn't seen it. They'll be watching it again I'm sure.
I spent a good amount of my Saturday trying to find a fabric (by the yard, in sheet version, or anything else) to match this picture frame from one of my roommates. It's been frustrating! I can find somewhat similar at a good price or the almost exact thing at prices way out of my price range. If you've seen it, please let me know. Thank you!!!
Well, it has happened. Saturday afternoon, I joined the millions of cell phone owners who have had their phone(s) ruined by water damage. I wasn't one of the lucky ones whose phone was revived by some sort of drying out. No, mine drowned after at least 10 minutes of a Super Load filled with this week's laundry, Tide with a touch of Downy Clean Breeze, and, the killer, water.
After fighting back the tears, I gathered myself together and thought through the possibilities of what to do next. I couldn't call anyone so I thought I'd check my phone's website. It wasn't any help at all. Sad. So I pulled up good ole Skype and asked my friend in N. Africa what to do. She suggested the hairdryer. But, as I've already noted, that didn't work.
After a would-be encouraging conversation with one of my roommates and a call to my dad (using the roommate's phone) I made the short drive to the local cell phone store. As soon as they saw my phone they said it was a goner.
My old phone that I had tried to give away was still sitting in my room... and is now my phone. Again.
That was a long story but I thought you might get a kick out of it.
Then I got sick and went to bed. (I'm really a wimp but didn't want to be whiny on my blog)
I hope you had a great weekend - Leap year and all! (Happy birthday Jen)
After a would-be encouraging conversation with one of my roommates and a call to my dad (using the roommate's phone) I made the short drive to the local cell phone store. As soon as they saw my phone they said it was a goner.
My old phone that I had tried to give away was still sitting in my room... and is now my phone. Again.
That was a long story but I thought you might get a kick out of it.
Then I got sick and went to bed. (I'm really a wimp but didn't want to be whiny on my blog)
I hope you had a great weekend - Leap year and all! (Happy birthday Jen)
No comments:
Post a Comment