Sunday, September 14, 2008

I Heart the Personal Committee!

This was year 2 for the Personnel Committee's Staff Appreciation Dinner. This year 3 of us ladies went together. We valeted our car, got a single red rose, and a fantastic family-style dinner at Maggiano's. I think everyone would agree that our guest speaker for the night, Star, was the highlight of the evening. The short version is that Star is the principal of an elementary school that we support and care for. She brought a "brag bag" to share with us all the ways the people of our church have cared for her, her students & their families, her teachers, and her school building. I definitely teared up. God is doing amazing things in Durham! I am humbled to be a part of it.

Thank you, Personnel Committee for the beautiful rose, delicious meal, and pleasant company. I appreciate your care and encouragement.

PS - I know that I mispelled "personnel" in the title. One of the members of the Personnel Committee calls it the Personal Committee. I like it.

No comments: