Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Why I'm Not a Christian

We are going into our 3rd week of discussing 7 common objections to Christianity and it's fantastic! If you live within an hour of The Summit Church and have ever had any questions or doubts about Christianity (pretty sure that covers everyone... even me) then you should get on over to one of our campuses to hear these talks. Seriously. If you can't make it in person, you can download the FREE podcasts or listen to them here.

8/31: “How can there be only one true religion or way to God?"
9/7: “How could a good God allow suffering?”
9/14: “Christianity is too restrictive”

9/21: “The Church has been responsible for so much injustice”

9/28: “How can a loving God send people to Hell?”

10/5: “But science has disproved Christianity!”

10/12: “Everyone knows the Bible can’t be taken literally”


If you are more of a reader, then check out the book Reason for God. I'm actually doing both and discussing the book with another girl. It's been great. Very eye opening for me to be sure.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. If you or your friends have ever had any of these objections or doubts, let me know. If after you listen to the talks and/or read the chapters, you don't think your objection has been sufficiently answered, let me know that too. I finished reading a chapter last night and had that thought. The thought that, if I had been raised in church and wasn't a Christian, "That answer doesn't satisfy me" Interestingly enough I had struggled with that particular objection for quite a while in an intensely personal way and in the struggle God answered me... sufficiently. He most certainly used His Word to do that.
So, check it out. Let me know.

No comments: