I am amazed at the way God’s Word is so intricately intertwined. Through the years I have wrestled over specific verses in the Bible and have been comforted by others. And then, almost as if it comes from nowhere, the verses come together in the most amazing ways. The following verses have recently come together for me showing me my sin, God’s glory and the reconciliation of the two. The cross of Christ is ever before us.
Take your time reading through these passages. Let God’s Word sink in.
Romans 12:3 “For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.” (italics mine)
2 Timothy 3:1-7 “But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth.”
Ephesians 2:4-5 “But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions – it by grace you have been saved.”
1 John 1:9, 10 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”
Romans 8:1-2 “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.”
Colossians 3:13 “Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” (italics mine)
I am not as good as I think I am. I sin in ways that I might not want to believe. I was once separated from God because of my sin. God saved me from my sin. God forgave me of my sin. Because of Jesus I am no longer condemned. How then can I not also forgive others?
The cross of Christ should be ever before us.
New Blog... I'm a dot com!
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment