Monday, February 25, 2008

Potato and Onion Tortilla


Potato and Onion Tortilla
adapted from "Cooking with Just Four Ingredients" cookbook
Serves 4-6

Ingredients:
2 med-large potatoes, thinly sliced
Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced (I used a red onion since that's what I had on hand, next time I will use a white onion)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
6 eggs

Directions:
Heat 5 Tbsp EVOO (I really just poured some in) in a frying pan and cook the potatoes, turning frequently, for 6 minutes.
Add the onions, salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook for 8-10 minutes until onions and potatoes are cooked.
In a large bowl, beat eggs. Mix in cheese. Gently mix potatoes and onions into the eggs.
Heat EVOO (again, I just poured some in) in the frying pan. Pour the eggs, potato, and onion mixture into the pan. Spread evenly.
Cover and cook on Low for 20-25 minutes, until the eggs are set.
Serve cut into wedges.

Plated with Jennie O's turkey sausage links, and Mary B's frozen biscuit. Great breakfast for dinner... and leftovers for breakfast this week. :)


No comments: