Sunday, February 10, 2008

Such a Sunday

Morgan and I on my first Sunday at Cole Mill! Pray for us as we are the only female adults leading the middle school girls at this church campus. You can also be praying for women to come lead with us!!!

After pulling me up front with some students to do some scripture memory, Ryan asked me to stay up there. He introduced me as being new to the campus and then put up this lovely screen (a picture of Katie, Morgan, and Me at the Tacky Christmas Party... with my face circled... and a "welcome Shannon" comment on the bottom). All the while Morgan was walking up with this Baked Alaska, I mean muffin with candles. Never fear, in typical middle school fashion, they are trick candles. I huffed and puffed but they wouldn't blow out... for long.
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Today was a very breezy day to say the least. Power went out on one of the college campuses today. We had a number of limbs fall all over our yard. Thankfully none of them fell on people, vehicles, animals, or the house. :)

I made a new lasagne recipe for dinner tonight. It was yummy! One of my senior girls came over for dinner and support raising brainstorming. Our favorite people for her to send a letter to are "people you tailgate with."
What kind of creative people can you think of?

Oh, I also had salad and bread. They do wonderful things with bagged salads these days. The bread is asiago cheese focaccio - one of my favorites! Thanks, Annie, for the salad bowl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Is this the campus that David is pastor over? I want to come see you guys so bad!! I hope that you love the transition. Love ya, Terri

Shannon said...

No, sadly I won't be worshiping with the Thompsons on Sundays anymore. They are at the other campus.
You can come see us ANYTIME though!!!

kd said...

so do we get the lasagna recipe?
kimddavidson@yahoo.com

Shannon said...

The story is that I was in the grocery, craving lasagna and had neither the recipe on hand or in head so I found the recipe on the back of the Barilla oven ready lasagna noodles (they are flat, no wavy ridges like regular lasagna noodles). I made a half recipe (baking for a handful leaves a lot of leftovers). I added Italian Seasoning(it didn't ask for any seasoning - weird), used a different pasta sauce, used ground beef (I should have used sausage to add more flavor), and totally forgot the parmesan. It was good, just not FABULOUS! :)