Monday, February 04, 2008

How I spent my Superbowl Sunday (an essay in 100 words or less)

A rousing game of "get your partner on the other side of the imaginary line" with the middle school students at Brier Creek.

Small group had a party... the guys staked their claim in the computer room where they could watch the game and pause it if need be.

We had some beautiful piano music... for a few minutes between the commercials.

Our sweet treat was a big tin of "metzels". Yummy!

I wish my camera was a little faster - he had the BEST smile ever just before this picture.

As you can tell I didn't watch a lot of the game... or the commercials. Oh well. I'd rather spend time with people any old time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are metzels? Love ya, Terri

Shannon said...

Metzels

Place window pretzels (there are square and circle ones available) on a baking sheet.

Top each with one hershey kiss (they sell them unwrapped now - not sure how they compare price-wise though)

Put in 350 preheated oven for 1-2 minutes (just long enough for the kisses to soften).

Remove from oven and immediately press one m&m on top of each kiss.

Chill in fridge until set.

End result is the picture above.


Enjoy!

(Terri, Micah would probably love to make these with you!)